Stepping Stones Nursery in Durham
In our Under 2's Nursery room, the staff to child ration is 1:3 meaning your child is supervised by our trained staff in very small groups.
Our Under 2's Nursery room is a calm and tranquil place where children enjoy quiet time as well as being offered a variety of stimulating and fun activities.
- We have lots of low level furniture in this nursery room plus equipment for those children who are becoming mobile.
- Sensory area for lots of hands on activities and exploring.
- Lots of books to promote language skills.
- Children get involved in messy activities.
- We have dressing up for children to express themselves and small world play.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage closely and concentrate on the 3 prime areas of development:
- Physical development
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
- Communication and language development.
Our nursery staff try to follow routines closely from home with children being able to sleep in cots provided. Stepping Stones Nursery based in Durham have strong partnerships with parents to ensure that children get the most from their time spent with us at our nursery. Being a nursery in Durham we also go on outdoor adventures to the park, the library and sometimes to Durham Cathedral, allowing children to explore their local environments.